Bible study Daily, explanation and encouragement - Nehemiah
Naturally, Nehemiah suspected the evil intentions of the invitation and did not allow himself to fall into this trap.
- It can be deduced that the work of God, be it the construction of a wall, the construction of a Christian congregation or the evangelization of pagans, must take priority over all other occupations that could require our attention. For us, it is the most important thing in the world:
- Because God commanded.
- Because the Bible authorizes.
- Because we received a special call to do it.
- So it was with Nehemiah, and so it should be with all men who feel the call of God. Why would this work cease while I left it and you went along?
The beautiful words of chapter 10: why the joy of the Lord is our strength, have been used as the basis for many sermons. In fact, the Christian life would be a melancholy routine, if it weren't for the sources of joy that always and, in a short time, cool the soul (Isaiah 41:18; John 4:14). Here are 4 secrets based on the Christian life:
- The joy based on forgiveness.
- The joy that can be cultivated in the midst of affliction.
- The joy that depends on obedience to God and not on a successful Christian service.
- The joy that does not depend on circumstances.
God is faithful, who will not let you try beyond what you can (1 Cor 10:13).
Because Nehemiah was a good leader, he chose trusted men as treasurers (see Nehemiah 13:13). No matter how much a person may be gifted, if he is not faithful, God cannot use him.
We need to understand that God tests faithfulness. It is not enough to say: "Oh, yes, I am faithful", because God will say: "Well, show it to Me". Do you know how God tests our faithfulness? He gives us a job to do for a while, something we do not want to do, something that is not fun, something that may require us to submit to someone else's authority for a while, and He will speak to our hearts: "Just be faithful".
Fidelity is not just present every day; is to be present every day with good posture and excellence. God will reward that kind of faithfulness. Luke 16:12 tells us that if we are not faithful in the things that belong to others, we cannot receive what is ours. If you are being tested in the area of loyalty, be steadfast in your decision to be faithful and reliable. In the end, you will be happy to have done this.