Bible study Daily, explanation and encouragement - Deuteronomy
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD; and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (Deuteronomy 6:4-5).
- God is Omnipotent " The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good" (Proverbs 15:3).
- God is Omnipotent "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalms 91:1).
- Which way do we have to follow?
- Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few (Matthew 7:13-14).
- JESUS IS OUR TARGET! He who says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked (1 John 2:6).
- I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you (Jeremiah 31:3).
- Surrender yourself TOTALLY to HIM now!
- Jesus is the only one who can save you!
- Jesus is the only one who can make you more than WINNER!
The Christian life is a life to the glory and honor of God, consisting of:
- You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. 6 And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart; 7 and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise (Deut. 6:5-7).
- Adhering to the Torah (including the 10 commandments) and Rom. 13: 1-2 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. So anyone who opposes the government resists the institution of God. That means, among other things, that you pay your taxes fairly and that you adhere to the traffic rules (not passing through a red light).
- The 10 commandments are for the well-being of man. If everyone loves God and fear Him, will not desire what belongs to their neighbor (so no robbing, murder, adultery, etc.) and children will respect their parents, the world will live in peace. However, man is a sinner, needs the power of the Holy Spirit in order not to give in to sin.
- It is the parents' task to teach and inculcate God's Word. And to live by themselves as an example in their daily lives. Look at the Virgin Mary who knows the Old Testament thoroughly (N.T. did not yet exist) and has received good sex education (knew how to conceive) and that as a girl aged 12-15. She fully respected God's Word!
- Just as a king, president, prince or princess should distinguish himself and live as an example of the people, so the believer is called to show in his or her daily life that he or she belongs to a royal priesthood (1 Peter 2: 9).
- Ephesians 4:29-32 Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, 32 and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- All of this has the purpose of pleasing God and not quench the working of the Holy Spirit (1 Thess. 5:19).
When they were about to enter the promised land, the Lord told the Israelites that He would drive out their enemies before them “gradual” so that wild beasts would not multiply among them. I believe that pride is one of the "beasts" that will consume us if we are given freedom too quickly, and that the best way to gain lasting freedom and integrity is to be freed one area at a time. In this way, we can enjoy our freedom more. We can see that it is really a gift from God and not something we can make happen in our own strength. If it seems that freedom is taking a long time to come to any area of your life, remember that true progress often comes little by little.
Separated from God, we are essentially powerless. Our joy must be in Him, our achievements come from Him, and our abilities are the fruit of His grace. Follow the counsel of Deuteronomy 8:17 and do not let your mind and heart try to convince you that your own efforts and the strength of your flesh can accomplish anything. Everything is God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!
Deuteronomy 10:16 instructs us to be faithful in heart and not to be stubborn. Is there any stubbornness or hardness in your heart or mind? Confess your sin in these areas and ask God for help.
- There are many things that can become "gods" for us and we should not let them lead us astray. Even a ministry can become a God if we let it become more important than God Himself. We must never forget that it is the Lord who puts the vision of ministry in our hearts. It is He who calls us and gives us the desire to minister. He Himself must always be the first and foremost place in our lives. Putting the things of His blessings to us before Him is an offense to God.
- We will not experience the blessings of God if our hearts are not right before Him. Sometimes we mistakenly blame the devil for the blessings we are lacking; we thought everything would be fine if the devil just left us alone. That is not true. We understand things backwards. If we lived correctly, the door that gives access to our lives would be closed to the devil. He could upset us, but he would have no real power over us, just as he had no real power over Jesus. Do not let anything come between you and God. Put Him first, and you will be blessed.
- In Deuteronomy 15:11, God commands us to "open our hearts" to those who are less fortunate than we are. In what ways can you be more generous or more attentive to the poor and needy around you?
Life should be a party. Unfortunately man rejects God and goes his own way with all its consequences. It no longer rains in time. Harvests are devastated by hurricanes. Everything is the result of man who does not manage the earth well. Politicians who fill their own pockets and are corrupt. Reject biblical doctrine and laws. God watches and sees how man digs his own grave.
However, the believer will thank God for his/her daily food and drink. Read the Bible and pray three times a day. Praise God for the health he/she enjoys. The sun that shines and brightens up life.
Expressed his or her gratitude through tithes and gifts that one is blessed by God. Rick Warren says that according to Deuteronomy, your gift may be in accordance with how God has blessed you. If you have received little, then your gift will be small. If your blessing is great, God also expects a great gift.
The poor widow in Mark 12:41-44 gave a lot.
2 Cor. 9:6-8 The point is this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that you may always have enough of everything and may provide in abundance for every good work.
God wants us to give VOLUNTARILY, NOT FORCED by anyone and not out of tenth obligation. God is able to provide for our daily needs. But those who do not honor and thank HIM will rarely experience it.
The Lord will command the blessing upon you in your storehouses and in all that you undertake; He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you (Deuteronomy 28:8).
God is the same yesterday, today and always will be. He does not change!
TRUST, CONFESS AND MOVE FORWARD!
Do not be put off, HE does not change.
For the Lord himself will go before you, he himself will be with you,
He will not leave you nor forsake you; fear not and become
not be terrified (Deuteronomy 31:8).
We must never forget that God will always be for all, protect us, strengthen us and guide us. HE GOES FOR IT! He will surely overthrow, open ways and work in your life.
It is comforting to know that the eternal arms of God are holding us back. Regardless of the circumstances around us, His loving arms reach where we are and lift us up. When we make a conscious decision to lean on the arm of the Lord and no longer on the arm of the flesh, we will experience the manifest presence of God.